- Multi spindle beam drill DE
- Multi spindle beam drill DF
- Multi spindle beam drill DJ
- Multi spindle beam girder drill DJ
- Single spindle beam drill DE
- Single/double spindle beam drill DF
- Drill and saw multi spindle DEB
- Drill and saw multi spindle DFB
- Drill and saw multi spindle DJB
- Drill and saw single spindle drill DFB
- Multi spindle drill robotic coper DERC
- Multi spindle drill robotic coper DFRC
- Multi spindle drill robotic coper DJTT
- Single spindle drill robotic coper DFRC
CNC band saw systems Katana-L
Double-column band saws for cutting to length steel construction profiles.
Thanks to this sawing line range, Ficep completes its portfolio of automatic lines for the steel construction industry becoming a unique and expert supplier even in the band saw cutting field, either for stand-alone saws or combined saws in line with the well-known beam drilling units DJ-DF-DE.
Ficep provides three main features on the Katana saw:
The Katana frame is extremely sturdy and is made of electro-welded tubular steel with adequate stiffening ribs to eliminate torsion and provide stiffness, no vibrations, noiseless and precise cutting.
The body rotates as standard on a toothed wheel controlled by an encoder in order to carry out mitred cuts. In the bigger models the toothed wheel is complete with a sliding bearing. The arc is made of an electro-welded plate and moves on sliding prismatic guides. The arc movement is produced by an hydraulic cylinder controlled by a proportional valve to control the feeding speed. The arc supports the two flywheels to grant the band rotation. On one wheel there is the 3-phases motor equipped with an epicyclical gearbox unit to obtain all the possible speeds in accordance with the kind of material, deformation and band wearing.
The Katana band saws are equipped with all the devices which after years of experience are considered essential to grant the best cutting result in steel construction:
- hydraulic blade tightening to tighten the band
- double blade-guides: the first guide is fixed on one side of the profile, and the other guide that is on the opposite side of the profile is mobile and its extension is hydraulically controlled.
- The blade-guides are equipped with a self-adjustable guiding system having hard steel plates to keep the band teeth always perpendicular to the cutting section
- powered brush synchronised with the blade to take off the swarf from the band teeth
- hydraulic vertical hold-downs that manually slide on prismatic guides
- blade lubricating/cooling system included in the working cycle
- two hydraulic independent vices to clamp the profile while being cut either at 90° and at mitred positions to ensure to be against the datum line position especially on mitred cuts
- devices for saw rotation through a powered mechanical toothed wheel with survey of the rotation mitre thanks to an encoder
- easy electronic systems that can be extended to manage completely automatic sawing lines (Katana-L)
The Katana saws are mass-manufactured on the basis of forefront criteria. Each component is entirely produced in the modern Ficep production units in Varese and in Crosio della Valle, the assembly instead, handled in certified subgroups, allows us to optimize the delivery to our final customers either if the saw will be combined with a drilling unit or instead a stand-alone machine.
The electrical system is on board of the machine in an advantageous position from both functional and aesthetical point of view. The hydraulic system runs under a separate power pack.
The body has been studied to contain all the cables on board in order to facilitate the after-sale maintenance.
Each Katana saw is realized as stand-alone saw but already designed to become an automatic sawing centre Katana-L. This means that automatic transfer tables can take care of loading and unloading. A dedicated Minosse CNC can take care of automatic cycles coming from nesting packages optimizing scrap and productivity.
Special unloading devices for trim cuts of any shape like the patented magnetic unloading option can make this saw line fully independent from operator presence.
FICEP takes care of the ergonomic and safety details during the design activities. The machines comply with the CE regulations and each layout can be designed suggesting to the customer the most functional and safe criteria.
Safety does not mean lost in production.
On the contrary, well thought and engineered safety solutions pushed FICEP engineers to think about functionalities that involve very reduced interventions, if not none, from the operator over the machine cycle. The consequences of this approach are reflected in a much reduced variance from cycle to cycle of the machine performance giving higher throughputs in the short and long run.
K 60L K 100L K 115L K 126L K 206L K 258L Maximum width 610 mm
2000 mm 2540 mm Maximum height 310 mm
600 mm 815 mm Blade width 36 mm
Power (kW) 7 9 15 15 15 18 Standard miter configuration +/-60° +/-60° +/-60° +/-60° +/-45° +/-45°
Bundle cutting Vertical hold downs Trasnsfer table with carts Transfer table with catches Magnet Marking unit